Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/29 01:45:42 UTC

Mahout 0.9 Release

Fixed the issues that were reported with Clustering code this past week, upgraded codebase to Lucene 4.6.1 that was released today.

Here's the URL for the 0.9 release in staging:-
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1004/org/apache/mahout/mahout-distribution/0.9/

The artifacts have been signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/smarthi.asc

Please:-
a) Verify that u can unpack the release (tar or zip)
b) Verify u r able to compile the distro
c)  Run through the unit tests: mvn clean test
d) Run the example scripts under $MAHOUT_HOME/examples/bin. Please run through all the different options in each script.

Need a minimum of 3 '+1' votes from PMC for the release to be finalized.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Ted and Dmitriy. The release can officially pass now.

I need help with pushing the artifacts to the mirrors, not sure how to go about it.

The ASF documentation at https://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html#signed asks to use svnpubsub but seems like Mahout's not setup for that and we need to escalate that to INFRA.

How have we done it in the past? The steps outlined in Mahout release documentation at http://mahout.apache.org/developers/how-to-release.html aren't clear after 'Release the artifact in the Nexus Repository in the same way you
Closed it earlier.'.

a) How do we add key to KEYS file at
http://www.apache.org/dist/mahout// ?
b) How to accomplish the subsequent steps?

On Friday, January 31, 2014 9:26 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1

I checked sigs, compiled the code, ran tests.

Platform is MacBook, OSX 10.7.5
JDK  1.7.0_11-b21

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Fixed the issues that were reported with Clustering code this past week,
> upgraded codebase to Lucene 4.6.1 that was released today.
>
> Here's the URL for the 0.9 release in staging:-
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemahout-1004/org/apache/mahout/mahout-distribution/0.9/
>
> The artifacts have been signed with the following key:
> https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/smarthi.asc
>
> Please:-
> a) Verify that u can unpack the release (tar or zip)
> b) Verify u r able to compile the distro
> c)  Run through the unit tests: mvn clean test
> d) Run the example scripts under $MAHOUT_HOME/examples/bin. Please run
> through all the different options in each script.

Test environment:
Ubuntu 12.10 , java version "1.7.0_40"
Mac OSx 10.8.5, java version "1.7.0_51"

a) b) c) verified
Ran all the examples with all different options. d) verified.

and we have 3 PMC +1s and Mahout 0.9 is all set to go.
Congratulations !!! :)

--
M.P. Tharindu Rusira Kumara

University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.
+94757033733
www.tharindu-rusira.blogspot.com

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Ted, forgot that its CMS.

The updates have been made. All Izz Well.

On Monday, February 3, 2014 12:00 AM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

The confusion is that the site uses the Apache CMS system.

See here: http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Suneel,

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I just checked and the release has propagated to French mirrors.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thanks Suneel!

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thanks Suneel!

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Mahout 0.9 Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.
Voting for this closes tomorrow, thus far there's been only a single +1 from PMC. I'll go ahead and release the artifacts tomorrow regardless of whether we succeed/fail to muster the minimum 3 +1 votes.

Thanks

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:45 AM, Sergey Svinarchuk <ss...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

+1, all steps passed

--