Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rashid Jilani <ji...@lifebiosystems.com> on 2007/08/23 16:52:13 UTC

How to create a project having more than one module

Hi: Can some one tell from where to start in order to build a project
with more than one module; I am sorry but Maven documentation is quite
confusing at least for beginners.

1.	Do I need to start with archetype; if this is true how to pass
parameters to archetype to create more than one module project.

2.	Or should I go and hand code a pom.xml file and then create the
directory structure manually?

Thanks,

Rashid.

Re: How to create a project having more than one module

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@exist.com>.
Hi,

Rashid Jilani wrote:

> Hi: Can some one tell from where to start in order to build a project
> with more than one module; I am sorry but Maven documentation is quite
> confusing at least for beginners.
>

> 1.	Do I need to start with archetype; if this is true how to pass
> parameters to archetype to create more than one module project.

There's no archetype to generate a general multi-module project.
You can use the MyFaces archetype specifically to create a JSF component
library project (multi-module).

See http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/MyFaces_Archetypes_for_Maven

> 2.	Or should I go and hand code a pom.xml file and then create the
> directory structure manually?

Or, you could try out what this guy did to setup a J2EE project, which
also has multiple modules.

http://scriptlandia.blogspot.com/2006/05/how-to-make-javaee-project-with-maven2.html

> Thanks,
>
> Rashid.