Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2015/04/01 23:43:37 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 Compile Questions

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:21:14 -0500
Lesley Kimmel <lj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> All;
>
> I am generally responsible for compiling Apache at my job but looking ahead to Apache 2.4 I am running into a couple of issues/questions:

I expect your package manager will install perfectly good versions
of PCRE and OpenSSL for you, and put them in standard places where
apache's configure script will find them automatically.  Though a
package manager may need you to select a "-dev" or "-devel" version
to install the headers.

If you're on Windows, or possibly MacOS without a package manager,
you may have a bit more to do, but there too you can just install
bog-standard PCRE and OpenSSL from their respective providers.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 Compile Questions

Posted by Lesley Kimmel <lj...@hotmail.com>.
Surely they would. I guess I neglected to mention that we typically build a
self-contained installation which is pretty much transportable between
systems without having to install the prerequisite packages.