Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2021/10/22 08:45:36 UTC

[DISCUSS] Delete apache/drill:gh-pages and apache/drill:gh-pages-master

Hi all

It's been a couple of months since we consolidated the Drill website in
the apache/drill-site repo and we've been going along fine since then.
To remove duplication and confusion I now propose that we delete the old
docs branches in the apache/drill repo. Specifically,

https://github.com/apache/drill/commits/gh-pages-master

which was abandoned in 2015 and

https://github.com/apache/drill/commits/gh-pages

which we abandoned two months ago.

Using the links to Github in this email you can compare the second
branch above with our new branch

https://github.com/apache/drill-site/commits/master

to find that they share the commit 7f75838 from 23 August 2021.  If you
additionally run `git log --reverse` on our new branch you'll see the
first commit dates back to 2014.  These two observations assure us that
we have migrated our full history and continue to append to it.

Branches can't be deleted with a PR, hence this email.  If you have any
concerns please raise them in the next few days, otherwise I'll proceed.

Best wishes
James

Re: [DISCUSS] Delete apache/drill:gh-pages and apache/drill:gh-pages-master

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.
  Thank you, James.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@apache.org>.