Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JY - June Young <JY...@dymaxion.ca> on 2002/07/30 17:49:27 UTC

How to enable Tomcat's Apache Auto-config

I am using Apache 1.3 and Apache Tomcat 4.0.

I downloaded the binary mod_jk.dll from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/bin/win32/i
386/.

The doc says to configure Tomcat to generate the Apache
auto-configuration add the following block to your
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file after <AutoWebApp .../>  <ApacheConfig
/>

I can't find <AutoWebApp /> in server.xml of my Tomcat 4.0, and I am not
quite clear what block to add.

Can anyone tell me how to config server.xml to generate the Apache
auto-configuration?

Thanks,

June Young

June Young, Software Development                   bus: (902)422-1973
x144
Dymaxion Research Ltd., 5515 Cogswell St.,      fax: (902)421-1267
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 1R2 Canada           mailto:
JYoung@dymaxion.ca
http://www.dymaxion.ca

Re: Context Not working as expected

Posted by Randy Peterman <Ra...@altn.com>.
Doh!  I found my problem - I checked everywhere but where the problem was.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Note to self: Check your directory structure to make sure it matches your context node!

--

Randy Peterman
Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.

RE: How to enable Tomcat's Apache Auto-config

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
On the newer 3.x versions you can do "startup.sh jkconf", however you
should note that I'm not using windows and not using 4.x, but it might
work the same way.

Regardless however it's not too hard to generate the config yourself,
for the simpliest configuration (and not the best) you can setup a
mod_jk.conf file that contains the following:

	<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
	  LoadModule jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
	</IfModule>

	JkWorkersFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"
	JkLogFile "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1/logs/mod_jk.log"

	JkLogLevel emerg

And then for each webapp add the following:

	JkMount /WEBAPPNAMEHERE ajp13
	JkMount /WEBAPPNAMEHERE/* ajp13

Now again this is for 3.x, but I don't image it's all that much different
for
4.x.

Oh, and you'll need to add an include line to your httpd.conf in your apache
config, otherwise none of this will do anything for you (it won't be
loaded).

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

Posted by Andrew Conrad <an...@msn.com>.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by <ApacheConfig />

If you want to generate a config file automatically, you will need to
add this into your server.xml file nested within either your Engine or
Host attribute (different level of detail depending on where you nest
it).

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" />

The info came from the manual:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html

- Andrew