Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com> on 2015/04/21 18:43:50 UTC

Filtering hadoop metrics

Hi, I am now working on hadoop cluster monitoring, and currently playing with hadoop-metrics2.properties file. I would like to use filters to exclude the records which I am not going to use.
In fact I am trying to exclude “UgiMetrics” and “MetricsSystem” records, by using the following
datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude=UgiMetrics
datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude=MetricsSystem

But the problem, is that since I am using the same key for different values, only the first one is excluded. I’ve tried to use something like
1. datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude= UgiMetrics, MetricsSystem
2. datanode.sink.file.record.filter.exclude= UgiMetrics | MetricsSystem
but, in both cases I got the same result, only UgiMetrics are excluded.

Is there any way to exclude arbitrary number of records?
Thank you.

Re: Filtering hadoop metrics

Posted by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com>.
Hi, I was wondering is there is a way to disable some of the sources of metrics in Hadoop? In fact I do not want to receive ugi, metricssystem and defaut metrics. Is there any way to achieve this?
Thank you.

Posted by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com>.

Posted by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com>.

Posted by Akmal Abbasov <ak...@icloud.com>.