Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net> on 2012/04/12 16:30:29 UTC

360Flex, Tuesday Morning

All,

The Tuesday morning 'keynote' belongs to us at 360Flex. However, in the spirit of Apache, and as a contrast to our former overlords, we are proposing less of a keynote and more a community driven discussion. We will give just a quick status on how we got here, answering any questions about what happened with Spoon since last year's presentation and perhaps a brief overview of where the Apache project is today. After that we would like any committers who will be in attendance to be in the room and, preferably, on the stage.

We might start with a brief panel style discussion, but our goal is to move quickly into an event where attendees can grab and talk to any committer about how to get started, the general experience, and how to contribute. While we discuss, we will keep a slide in the background with the website, repo address, etc.

Mike

digital primates (r)

Michael Labriola
labriola@digitalprimates.net<ma...@digitalprimates.net>

tel:  +1.773.693.7800 x206
fax: +1.773.409.9251

Apache Flex @ 360Flex Blog Post (was: Re: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning)

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.

Sounds good, I'll be there. Also, since I've been co-ordinating the Flex Discovery room with Wilker and have all the deets on the various haps I'm thinking a quick rundown of ApacheFlex @ 360Flex would be a worthy blog post. So, I'll look into doing that before the day is through.

Re: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/12 8:12 AM, "Doug Arthur" <do...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I figured as much as well, but it would have been a great delivery for
>> 360|Flex.
> Yes it would, and believe me, I tried, but I don't see how we'll make it.
>>
>> Alex,
>> Do we have any timeframe on some of the outstanding issues? This way
>> we can possibly have a target date at least for 360|Flex?
> I've given up on target dates. Also, my understanding is that there may be a
> gap in time between when we are able to run a build script and create a
> package (which I am still hoping to get done by Monday) vs getting the IPMC
> to sign off on it because it passes our tests and the Incubator's legal and
> other policy requirements.
>
> --
> Alex Harui
> Flex SDK Team
> Adobe Systems, Inc.
> http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Understood, was worth a shot.
- Doug

Re: 360Flex: Items for the Apache Flex Discovery Room

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Apr 12, 2012, at 12:01 PM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Jun,
>
> The EPS is a vector image and should be high-quality enough for any posters
> he is doing.  They are attached to the FLEX-11 issue in JIRA
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-11
>
> -Nick

Awesome, thanks Nick!

Re: 360Flex: Items for the Apache Flex Discovery Room

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Jun,

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
Hi,

Re: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@gmail.com>.

RE: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Re: 360Flex, Tuesday Morning

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Michael A. Labriola
<la...@digitalprimates.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> The Tuesday morning 'keynote' belongs to us at 360Flex. However, in the spirit of Apache, and as a contrast to our former overlords, we are proposing less of a keynote and more a community driven discussion. We will give just a quick status on how we got here, answering any questions about what happened with Spoon since last year's presentation and perhaps a brief overview of where the Apache project is today. After that we would like any committers who will be in attendance to be in the room and, preferably, on the stage.
>
> We might start with a brief panel style discussion, but our goal is to move quickly into an event where attendees can grab and talk to any committer about how to get started, the general experience, and how to contribute. While we discuss, we will keep a slide in the background with the website, repo address, etc.
>
> Mike
>
> digital primates (r)
>
> Michael Labriola
> labriola@digitalprimates.net<ma...@digitalprimates.net>
>
> tel:  +1.773.693.7800 x206
> fax: +1.773.409.9251

I'll be there!

Has anyone given thought on trying to get a release out for 360|Flex?