Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Fritz <sf...@progress.com> on 2005/12/01 13:05:06 UTC

[m2] Need some direction for my first Maven steps

Hi,

I read the getting started guide on the Maven website and searched
through the mail archives but I still have no die how to achieve what
I'm looking for:

What I'd like to do:

- Create a central Maven repository in our company.

            - Have a "Super POM" which includes our company wide
defaults (e.g: force checkstyle, link toour central bug reporting tool)
all our project POMs should get the defaults from this pom.

            - create a custom archtype

Open questions:

            Do I need anything apart from an HTTP/FTP server for the
central repository?

Will the default repository be overridden if I name our repository
location "central"?

            Where do I have to place the pom with our defaults?

Can anybody send me a sample for a company wide "super pom"?

The "Guide to creating Archtypes" states that the archtype descriptor
should be places into "src/main/resources/META-INF/". Which src
directory is referred to here?

I hope some of the gurus out there can give me some hints or a link to a
detailed tutorial for Maven2.

Regards

Stefan

Re: [m2] Need some direction for my first Maven steps

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
Also, you should take a look at Maven-Proxy. This way the jars will be
downloaded one time for the whole enterprise instead of being downloaded for
every single developpers. I have set Maven Proxy and my corporation central
repository at the same location to avoid having Maven looking on central
Maven repository first for internal jars.

--
Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [m2] Need some direction for my first Maven steps

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.