Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shanmugampl <sh...@adventnet.com> on 2004/02/05 10:00:43 UTC

Can deployment order be captured.

Hi all,

    I have two applications, with one dependent on the other. Say i have
A.war and B.war, with B dependent on A. How can i specify that A should
be deployed before B. Can i capture this by adding <Context> in the
server.xml in the required order or is there any other way of doing it

Thanks
Shanmugam PL

Re: Can deployment order be captured.

Posted by David Ramsey <da...@yahoo.com>.
I am rather curious about what you consider a dependency and why. You
cannot share class files between two apps unless you replicate the
class files between the apps. Connecting to a common database is
possible between two apps but if each app contains stateful information
about the changes the user is making to that database, there is no easy
way to keep those changes in sync. Are you sure that you need two
separate apps? If you have a dependency, that almost implies (to me)
that you should be building a single app.

And no, I personally do not know any way to specify deployment order
but have not looked at that topic closely.