Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Adrian Ghizaru <ad...@rpromo.com> on 2002/07/26 21:32:24 UTC

Cannot specify base/fallback files...

Hello all!

Here is the relevant part of my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost *>
  DocumentRoot ...
  ServerName ...
  ErrorLog ...
  User ...
  Group ...
  <Location />
    PerlModule Embperl
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE "template.html"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH "\.html$"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK "tallback.html"
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Embperl::Object
    Options ExecCGI
  </Location>
</VirtualHost>

However, Embperl::Object still looks for _base.epl...
I have looked into the code itself, and I see that the variable that is
supposed to hold the base filename is indeed "" and hence gets changed to
"_base.epl". However, I have also checked %ENV from the Embperl::Object code,
as well as from my page, and EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE is there, well defined.

Can anyone please help me?
- Adrian

Re: Cannot specify base/fallback files...

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>   <Location />
>     PerlModule Embperl
>     PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE "template.html"

Embperl 2 don't scan the enviroment for default, so you have to write

EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE "template.html"

or you must set

Embperl_UseEnv on

additional when you want to set Embperl::Object parameters inside of a
location block Embperl 2.0b8 requires you to specify a unique application
name

Embperl_Appname whatever

(this may change in further 2.0 release)

Gerald