Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Santaro, Paulo" <pa...@eds.com> on 2004/11/19 15:32:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Mime_Types

Hi,

I'm having a problem to upload files like .doc, .xls and etc, inside a
specific directory.

When I put a file .doc inside de Apache DocumentRoot and try to open that
file, a message show me up to choose "Save or Open" the file. At the moment
everything is OK.

I'm using Apache with WebLocig and I have a redirect directive like this in
httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_weblogic.c>
MinSpareServers 10
MaxSpareServers 30
StartServers 5
MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 10000
        WebLogicHost dsv004.cvrd.br
        WebLogicPort 8080
        MatchExpression *.jsp
        DefaultFileName index.jsp
        PathTrim /portal
        PathPrepend portal/
</IfModule>

So, when I put the same file .doc inside the directory /portal and try to
access it, the file has been opened on the web browser like an html file and
no message show me up to save or open file.

Has somebody idea what is going on?

Regards

Paulo Santaro

Re: [users@httpd] Large file (4219052708 bytes) not shown in Index display

Posted by Matt England <me...@mengland.net>.
I must have accidently marked the message below as "urgent," for it showed
up as an urgent tag in my emailbox.  My apologies, that was not my intent.

-Matt

Posted by Dan Goodes <da...@planetmirror.com>.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 at 19:34, Matt England wrote:

> At 7/24/2005 07:29 PM, Dan Goodes wrote:
> >Unfortunately the only solution for your problem is to use an FTP server
> >for that file. Stable Apache releases simply won't serve it.
>
> Ok, this all makes sense, and it's not a big deal right now.
>
> A side note: has anyone been able to get split(1) to work on a >2GB
> file?  I'm having troubles.  I wanted to split my big file to dowload over
> http if possible.  (I'm on a Redhat 9 machine.)

I just tested split(1) version 4.5.3 from RedHat EL3, and it seems to have
managed to split a 4.2GB file just fine. What I had to do though was
specify more suffix characters, and a sufficiently large chunk size:

split -a 4 -b 1048576 ./4200.txt

splits the file into 4200 1MB files. You probably want to make the files
larger than that - maybe four 1GB files or something.

-Dan

Re: [users@httpd] Large file (4219052708 bytes) not shown in Index display

Posted by Matt England <me...@mengland.net>.

Posted by Dan Goodes <da...@planetmirror.com>.
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 at 19:01, Matt England wrote:

> A file (named /x/y/tmp/bigfile for this example) of size 4219052708 bytes
> did not display in my browser for my Apache 2.0.52 server.  Any ideas why not?
>
> All the other files had no problems with this display.
>
> I suspect it has to do with the file size?
>
> How might I display this file in the future so I can download it?

You are correct. The filesize is to blame.

Indeed, all bar the most recent httpd releases (2.0.54 and newer) can't
handle files larger than 2GB on 32-bit systems. 2.0.54 has a 'workaround'
that allows files < 4GB to be served, but you'll need to use an alpha
2.1/2.2 release in order to serve files > 4GB. Of course, if you're lucky
enough to have a 64-bit system at your disposal, 4+ GB files work out of
the box.

Re: [users@httpd] Mime_Types

Posted by Ralf Glauberman <rg...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>.
do your tests by telneting into the server on port 80 and doing your
requests, we need the mimetype-headers to see whats the problem.
ralf