Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Iqbal, Aftab" <Af...@deri.org> on 2010/09/06 17:37:14 UTC

bugs data of Apache Ant for academic research evaluation !

Hi All,

I am a PhD student at DERI (http://www.deri.ie), Galway, Ireland. I am carrying out research to address issues in
software development processes and how to make software development and specially its management efficient[1]. For the
evaluation of our research, i am looking for data (mailing list archives, bug trackers, source code, subversion logs) of an open source, long live projects of Apache. For my evaluation, i have listed down 5 Apache projects and Apache Ant is one of them.

Although, I have found the links to the mbox archives of the mailing list and the Web access to the subversion repository of Apache Ant but i require database dump of the Bug Tracker of Apache Ant development to carry out research evaluation.

Your help will be highly appreciated and i will be very happy to share the results of our evaluation with you.

If this mailing list is not intended for this email then please guide me to whom i can contact for it.

thanks and looking forward for your kind response.

regards
Aftab Iqbal
http://www.deri.ie/about/team/member/aftab_iqbal/

[1] http://sw-app.org/pub/seke09-ld2sd.pdf

Re: bugs data of Apache Ant for academic research evaluation !

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-09-06, Iqbal, Aftab wrote:

> Although, I have found the links to the mbox archives of the mailing
> list and the Web access to the subversion repository of Apache Ant but
> i require database dump of the Bug Tracker of Apache Ant development
> to carry out research evaluation.

Ant uses Bugzilla <https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/index.cgi> and you
can export bug reports from there as CSV or XML files.  In addition the
mbox files of the notifications list (or the ant-dev list before the
notification list was created) will contain emails for every change to
Bugzilla.

The database itself would contain user passwords and in addition the
Bugzilla instance is shared by multiple ASF projects, so a simple dump
wouldn't do.

Please have a look at the options the Bugzilla provides to see whether
you can go from there.

Stefan