Posted to users@maven.apache.org by anjibman <an...@hotmail.com> on 2013/01/21 20:59:03 UTC

web.xml path issue in maven-war-plugin

Hi All,

I am using /jspc-maven-plugin/ with /maven-war-plugin/ to pre-compile the
JSPs and adding only JSP class files to the WAR. As per documentation
http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html
<http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc/jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html>   I gave new
web.xml location. My pom file look like

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <webXml>${basedir}/target/jspweb.xml</webXml>
    <packagingExcludes>**/*.jsp</packagingExcludes>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo.jspc</groupId>
  <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <includeInProject>true</includeInProject>
    <packageName>org.apache.jsp</packageName>
    <compile>true</compile>
    <source>1.5</source>
    <target>1.5</target>
  </configuration>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>compile</phase>
      <goals>
	<goal>compile</goal>
      </goals>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

This doesn't work in my local machine but when I take a WAR file ONLY and
deploy in our test environment it works fine. I don't have detail
information about the test machine to check why it work there. But wondering
why it won't in my local box. I can explore all folder and files and I did
see this new target/jspweb.xml file.

Also if I give <webXml>${basedir}/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
it works fine in my local machine but fails in test machine.

Any suggestion?