Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by mi...@eledia.de on 2013/02/08 11:21:06 UTC

ffmpeg-package from deb-multimedia.org for OM 2.x

Hello,

is it possible to use the older ffmpeg-package from the deb-multimedia.org
repository for OM 2.x instead of the latest version of ffmpeg as you
described in the installation tutorial? Because I use normaly cron-apt and
everytime I've the ffmpeg-package with the version 0.11.2 installed,
cron-apt will install the older version from the original debian-repos
0.5.x or the version 0.7.x from the deb-multimedia-repos depending from
the sources.list.

If I use the deb-multimedia.org-repo, I will get the following packages
with the following versions:
ffmpeg libavcodec52 libavdevice52 libavfilter1 libavformat52 libavutil50
libdc1394-22 libdirac-encoder0 libjack-jackd2-0 libpostproc51
libraw1394-11 librtmp0 libschroedinger-1.0-0 libspeex1 libswscale0
libusb-1.0-0 libva-x11-1 libva1 libvpx0 libx264-118

ffmpeg -version:
ffmpeg version 0.7.13, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Jun 13 2012 14:01:54 with gcc 4.4.5
  configuration: --enable-libdc1394 --prefix=/usr --extra-cflags='-Wall -g
' --cc='ccache cc' --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl
--enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid
--enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora
--enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libx264
--enable-libspeex --enable-nonfree --disable-stripping --enable-avfilter
--enable-libdirac --disable-decoder=libdirac --enable-libfreetype
--enable-libschroedinger --disable-encoder=libschroedinger
--enable-version3 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvpx --enable-librtmp
--extra-libs=-lgcrypt --disable-altivec --disable-armv5te
--disable-armv6 --disable-vis
  libavutil    50. 43. 0 / 50. 43. 0
  libavcodec   52.123. 0 / 52.123. 0
  libavformat  52.111. 0 / 52.111. 0
  libavdevice  52.  5. 0 / 52.  5. 0
  libavfilter   1. 80. 0 /  1. 80. 0
  libswscale    0. 14. 1 /  0. 14. 1
  libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
ffmpeg 0.7.13
libavutil    50. 43. 0 / 50. 43. 0
libavcodec   52.123. 0 / 52.123. 0
libavformat  52.111. 0 / 52.111. 0
libavdevice  52.  5. 0 / 52.  5. 0
libavfilter   1. 80. 0 /  1. 80. 0
libswscale    0. 14. 1 /  0. 14. 1
libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0

Thank you for your help,
Michael

Re: some behavior between moodle-sites and OM 2.x

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Sure :)
Also patches are welcome ;) as always :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: some behavior between moodle-sites and OM 2.x

Posted by Michael Wuttke <mw...@beuth-hochschule.de>.
Hello Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
please try #285

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: some behavior between moodle-sites and OM 2.x

Posted by Michael Wuttke <mw...@beuth-hochschule.de>.
Hello Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Michael,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: some behavior between moodle-sites and OM 2.x

Posted by mi...@eledia.de.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

> [...]

assignments by hand. But is there a way to do it remotely?

The next thing is, I asked it here in the mailinglist earlier: If I create
a recording with one moodle-instance, I can integrate the recording in
this moodle-site (A) but also in the second moodle-site (B). Is there a
way to separate - as an OM-admin the recordings - that a teacher from
moodle-instance A can only see and intergrate the recordings belonging to
A and the moodle-teacher from B will see only the recordings from the
moodle-instance B?

Last but not least: If I'm deleting as a moodle-teacher a classroom link
in moodle from inside a moodle-course the classroom still exists on the
OM-site and the uploaded data and recordings remain on the OM-server. Is
this the intention? Or is it possible to delete all the data belonging to

RE: ffmpeg-package from deb-multimedia.org for OM 2.x

Posted by mi...@eledia.de.
Hello George,

thats what I did.

Thank you,
Michael

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
The latest guide I just uploaded also uses 1.1.2 and compiles fine on Debian.

I'll add a section on the guide for people to change the version when using checkinstall.

Cheers

Stephen Cottham
Group IT Manager (Associate)

Robert Bird Group
Level 5, 333 Ann St
Brisbane, Queensland, 4000, Australia
Phone: +6173 319 2777 (AUS)
Phone: +44207 633 2880 (UK)
Fax: +6173 319 2799

Mobile:  +61400 756 963 (AUS)
Mobile:  +447900 918 616 (UK)
Web: www.robertbird.com

This email and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information or copyright material. Unless expressly stated, confidentiality and/or legal privilege is not intended to be waived by the sending of this email. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us immediately by return email and then delete both messages. You may not otherwise read, forward, copy, use or disclose this email or any attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states otherwise. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening or sending them on. None of the sender or its related entities accepts any liability for any consequential damage resulting from this email containing computer viruses.

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules
http://www.codetwo.com

when you do checkinstall you must modify the default version.
For example, the package version on Ubuntu server 12.04 is 4:0.8.5 Using checkinstall on 0.11.2 source gives a version 0.11.2 You must modify it to be 4:0.11.2 Next time you update your packages, ffmpeg installed version won't be downgraded.

I tried to install the latest ffmpeg from source, which is version 1.1.2 and it works for me on Ubuntu server 12.04.1 64bits (though I had some warnings during compilation).

Regards
Yvan Arnaud

Posted by Yvan Arnaud <yv...@st-etienne.archi.fr>.
Hi,

> [...]

> --enable-version3 --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libvpx --enable-librtmp
> --extra-libs=-lgcrypt --disable-altivec --disable-armv5te
> --disable-armv6 --disable-vis
>   libavutil    50. 43. 0 / 50. 43. 0
>   libavcodec   52.123. 0 / 52.123. 0
>   libavformat  52.111. 0 / 52.111. 0
>   libavdevice  52.  5. 0 / 52.  5. 0
>   libavfilter   1. 80. 0 /  1. 80. 0
>   libswscale    0. 14. 1 /  0. 14. 1
>   libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
> ffmpeg 0.7.13
> libavutil    50. 43. 0 / 50. 43. 0
> libavcodec   52.123. 0 / 52.123. 0
> libavformat  52.111. 0 / 52.111. 0
> libavdevice  52.  5. 0 / 52.  5. 0
> libavfilter   1. 80. 0 /  1. 80. 0
> libswscale    0. 14. 1 /  0. 14. 1
> libpostproc  51.  2. 0 / 51.  2. 0
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Michael

Re: ffmpeg-package from deb-multimedia.org for OM 2.x

Hello Sebastian,

thank you for your advice. I will use the latest ffmpeg version.

greetings,
Michael

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Can’t you just tell cron-apt to ignore the ffmpeg? I thought default behaviour of cron-apt is that it only downloads but doesn’t install? – auto install would be a little risky no?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
WBR