Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Brent Ryan <br...@blackboard.com> on 2006/05/03 01:52:36 UTC

iBatis enhancements (Annotations and/or Dynamic beanutils support)

Anyone know if Java 5 annotations or dynamic beanutils support will work
in a future version of iBatis?

Brent

This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
It may include Blackboard confidential and proprietary information, and is not for redistribution.

Re: iBatis enhancements (Annotations and/or Dynamic beanutils support)

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Regarding beanutils - this has been discussed on the list several times.
The general feeling is that we want to keep the iBATIS dependancies to a
minimum, so I don't think we'll see direct support of DynaBeans.  You
certainly could use a HashMap as a result class in iBATIS, and then create
LazyDynaMap instances from the returned HashMaps.  This would give you
DynaBean behavior and would work directly with iBATIS today.  Is there
something about that approach that doesn't work for you?

Regarding annotations - could you be more specific about what you're looking
for?

Jeff Butler