Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Derrick Koes <De...@skillsoft.com> on 2005/01/07 20:34:46 UTC

RE: Socket Exception - Heavy load

Windows is notorious for holding the socket binding for some time after the close is done.  I expected that you would see a BindException, not a SocketException.

This exception is thrown if a socket cannot be created and bound to the requested port.

However, your error looks like the receiver dropped the connection.
If the OutputStream was closed after you finished sending (before you started receiving), that's the cause of your problem, since closing the OutputStream also closes the socket.

In any event it's the client that is closing the socket connection.

BTW, 1.2.8 refers to a JK version not JK2 unless there is some really old version of JK2 of which I'm not aware.

Perhaps Mladen Turk (JK expert) can help.