Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Gunnar Morling <gu...@hibernate.org> on 2016/12/07 17:05:12 UTC

Using Karaf with Java 9

Hi,

Has anyone had success with running Karaf on Java 9?

When trying to start the container, I'm running into KARAF-3518 [1] which
is related to "endorsed" directories not working any longer under Java 9.
The issue is marked as unresolved; are there any efforts to make Karaf
usable with Java 9? This wouldn't have to include support for Jigsaw in the
first step, just being able to run on 9 would be a great achievement.

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-3518

Re: Using Karaf with Java 9

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Note that if you don't build locally, you will certainly need to add the
maven repository in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg so that karaf can
download all the snapshots needed.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Using Karaf with Java 9

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Yes, try with 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.

Re: Using Karaf with Java 9

Posted by Gunnar Morling <gu...@hibernate.org>.

Re: Using Karaf with Java 9

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Improvements have already been done. Which version do you try ? A SNAPSHOT ?

Regards
JB\u2063\u200b