Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2012/08/08 21:48:42 UTC

Re: [configuration] Preparations for a new release

Am 31.07.2012 21:30, schrieb Oliver Heger:
> Just a heads up: I plan to get out a 1.9 release with what we currently
> have in trunk soon.
>
> Then I would like to switch to 2.0-SNAPSHOT in trunk, mainly to update
> the [lang] dependency to 3.x (which is a binary incompatible change).
> This has been requested multiple times. Therefore, it would be good if
> the 2.0 release would not take too long. So a major refactoring is
> probably not possible, but we can do some cleanup and see how far we
> get. How does this sound?
>
> If you want some stuff included in 1.9, please speak up.

fyi, the preparation of the first RC currently hangs because I am unable
to deploy to Nexus. Probably Nexus has to be setup to allow the
commons-configuration groupId. I created a ticket [1], but there was no
response yet.

Oliver

Re: [configuration] Preparations for a new release

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
> Done. Thanks for the tip!

you are welcome, hope they will quickly fix the issue!

best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [configuration] Preparations for a new release

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Am 08.08.2012 22:46, schrieb Simone Tripodi:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> the same happened for DbUtils, I suggest you to send a ping to
> @repository, they usually monitor the ML better than assigned issues.

Done. Thanks for the tip!
Oliver

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.