Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> on 2009/05/08 23:01:58 UTC

Chemistry updates

Hi Chemists,

I've now updated the Chemistry codebase in Apache svn to the latest of
what we have in our Nuxeo mercurial repository.

Here's an outline of the main changes:
- flattened chemistry-api package for simplicity, no more type/,
property/ and repository/ subdirectories,
- introducted ObjectId class, used by the SPI whenever an object id is
expected,
- ObjectEntry and CMISObject are now two distinct interfaces
(CMISObject doesn't inherit from ObjectEntry); both extend ObjectId,
- ObjectEntry is now a very simple interface, intended to be used as a
data transfer object (DTO) by the SPI,
- Connection methods parameters have been specialized to use Folder,
Document, etc. when appropriate,
- PropertyType is now a class and not an enum, to allow
implementations to extend it for specialized cases,
- a few generic abstract classes (BaseObject, BaseRepositoy) have been
extracted from the "simple" in-memory backend into
org.apache.chemistry.impl.base, they can be useful for many
implementations,
- deleteObject and deleteTree now implemented in "simple" in-memory
backend,
- new chemistry-ws module which for now only generates the Java
bindings from the WSDL using CXF and the maven cxf-codegen-plugin.

Note that all future changes we plan to make will be tied to JIRA CMIS
issues and described there.
One of the first I'll do, maybe tonight/tomorrow, is to move a number
of the Connection methods directly onto Document or Folder.

Cheers,
Florent

PS: FYI I'm leaving for one week of vacation on Sunday, where I won't
have internet access. So I will be incommunicado next week :)

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo