Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan-Willem van den Broek <Ja...@Valuecare.nl> on 2016/06/23 09:26:32 UTC

IllegalStateExceptions after upgrading to 6.1.0

Hi all,

After upgrading to 6.1.0 I get IllegalStateExceptions in my application. I've sadly not been able to reduce it to a small test, but I can reproduce it consistently in the full application. I can't reproduce it with the previous release (6.0.1), so it seems to be related to something that changed in 6.1.0.

The stack trace is below. The field in question " [1]calculon" initially contains 1-dimensional DoublePoint values and corresponding StoredFields. Later in the applications these are all converted to 1-dimensional LongPoints with rounded values and corresponding StoredFields. Shortly after the conversion we get these stack traces. At no point does the field contain anything other than a DoublePoint, LongPoint, or StoredField.

Any idea what the problem could be? Should I be using a different field name for the StoredFields? Thanks!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: this writer hit an unrecoverable error; cannot complete commit
                at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.finishCommit(IndexWriter.java:3011)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commitInternal(IndexWriter.java:2996)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.commit(IndexWriter.java:2956)
                [... Snipped long stack of application code...]
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: field=" [1]calculon" did not index point values
                at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsReader.getBKDReader(Lucene60PointsReader.java:126)
                at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsReader.size(Lucene60PointsReader.java:224)
                at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene60.Lucene60PointsWriter.merge(Lucene60PointsWriter.java:153)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.mergePoints(SegmentMerger.java:168)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentMerger.merge(SegmentMerger.java:117)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeMiddle(IndexWriter.java:4099)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.merge(IndexWriter.java:3679)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler.doMerge(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:588)
                at org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:626)

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs. Jan-Willem van den Broek
Ontwikkelaar

[Beschrijving: Linkedin]<http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/jan-willem-van-den-broek/1/5bb/4b0>

[Beschrijving: ValueCare]<http://www.valuecare.nl/>

[Beschrijving: http://www.valuecare.nl/images-email-signature/line.gif]

ValueCare BV
Oudlaan 4, 3515 GA Utrecht

030 273 92 10

06 235 238 88

jan-willem.van.den.broek@valuecare.nl

Indien dit bericht niet voor u bedoeld is dan verzoeken wij u vriendelijk ons te informeren via een retourbericht en dient u deze mail direct te vernietigen.
ValueCare gebruikt virus-scanners maar accepteert geen aansprakelijkheid voor virussen die de email mogelijk bevat.