Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/06/18 01:58:56 UTC

Symphony code now in SVN

Thanks to danielsh the Symphony contribution is now loaded into
Subversion here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/symphony/trunk/

-Rob

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Chao Huang <ch...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful!

--
Best regards,
Chao Huang

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
Great news!

--
Best Regards

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Linyi Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful news! One big step of Symphony code contribution.

--
Best wishes.
Linyi Li

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Great News!

--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks Danielsh.

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<ar...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 08:56:13AM +0800, zhangjf wrote:
>> > The code is so unbuildable on Fedora 17 64 bits with GCC 4.7 that
>> > I stopped on module sal.
>>
>> From it's build guide at http://s.apache.org/n0, you can find this statement,
>>
>> Symphony officially can be built on the following platforms
>> System        Architecture
>> Windows XP / 7        intel x86
>> Linux - Ubuntu 11.04  intel x86
>> Linux - Suse Enterprise Desktop 11    intel x86
>> Mac OS X - 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7         intel x86
>>
>> And in section Build Symphony on Linux - Ubuntu, there is a line,
>>
>>   You can make a full build for Symphony with gcc 4.5 on Ubuntu 11.04
>

> I know, I already read it, before trying to build.
>
>> In fact, we don't know it's actual build status on other platforms or
>> with different build configurations.
>
> Well, at least it's rather broken on Fedora 17, that as usual has the
> latest standard libraries and compiler (RedHat is the main contributor in
> several of these projects).
>
>> You can try on these supported
>> platforms and configurations, so we can provide some kinds of support.
>
> No thanks, it is completely pointless: you already know it *does* work.
> The point here is that Apache Office code base is already buildable in
> a wide set of Linux distributions, from old CentOS 5 to latest Fedora.
>
> People pushing forward the idea of taking Symphony contribution as the
> new code base (and people trying to make up their mind about the
> subject) should take this into account (and this is the lightest
> objection I have against such an idea - but these objections belong to
> other thread).

You are right. Symphony code only supports limited build environments
yet. To make it align with AOO 3.4, we still need to migrate a few
more support code from AOO. But I think before the code base
discussion reaches a final decision,  we won't rush to take more
actions.

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<ar...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 06:39:22PM +0800, zhangjf wrote:
>> I have corrected the executable permission on file
>> main/fetch_tarballs.sh and set two svn:externals attributes on
>> symphony/trunk to get ext_libraries and ext_sources from
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/AOO34/. So
>> except still needing to download icu 4.8.1 from
>> http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/4.8.1/icu4c-4_8_1-src.tgz,
>> the code should be ready for build after checking out.
>
> The code is so unbuildable on Fedora 17 64 bits with GCC 4.7 that
> I stopped on module sal.
>

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile
> La Plata, Argentina

>From it's build guide at http://s.apache.org/n0, you can find this statement,

Symphony officially can be built on the following platforms
System 	Architecture
Windows XP / 7 	intel x86
Linux - Ubuntu 11.04 	intel x86
Linux - Suse Enterprise Desktop 11 	intel x86
Mac OS X - 10.5 / 10.6 / 10.7 	intel x86

And in section Build Symphony on Linux - Ubuntu, there is a line,

  You can make a full build for Symphony with gcc 4.5 on Ubuntu 11.04

In fact, we don't know it's actual build status on other platforms or
with different build configurations. You can try on these supported
platforms and configurations, so we can provide some kinds of support.

Regards,
Zhangjf

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: Symphony code now in SVN

Posted by zhangjf <zh...@apache.org>.
I have corrected the executable permission on file
main/fetch_tarballs.sh and set two svn:externals attributes on
symphony/trunk to get ext_libraries and ext_sources from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/AOO34/. So
except still needing to download icu 4.8.1 from
http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/4.8.1/icu4c-4_8_1-src.tgz,
the code should be ready for build after checking out.  Please refer
to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Symphony for build guide.

Regards,
Zhangjf

Re: Symphony code now in SVN