Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by "A. Lotfi" <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/28 15:06:39 UTC

Is deltaQuery mandatory ?

Is deltaQuery mandatory in data-config.xml ?

I did it like this :
<entity name="residential" query="select * from tsunami.consumer_data_01 where state='MA' and  rownum <= 5000"
                deltaQuery="select  LEMSMATCHCODE, STREETNAME from residential where last_modified > '${dataimporter.last_index_time}'">

Then my manager come and said we don't need it, this is only for incremental.
I took off the line that start with deltaQuery, now in :

http://localhost:8983/solr/#/db/dataimport//dataimport

entity is empty, when I click the button Exwcute, nothing happened,

thanks.

RE: Is deltaQuery mandatory ?

RE: Is deltaQuery mandatory ?

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
You do not need "deltaQuery" unless you're doing delta (incremental) updates.  To configure a full import, try starting with this example:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#A_shorter_data-config

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311