Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com> on 2015/09/30 02:08:02 UTC

cordova-plugin-whitelist ios issue

1.       cordova create test

2.       cordova platform add ios

WARNING: Applications for platform ios can not be built on this OS - win32.
Adding ios project...
iOS project created with cordova-ios@3.9.1
Discovered plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist" in config.xml. Installing to the project
Fetching plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist@1" via npm
Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for ios
Plugin doesn't support this project's cordova-ios version. cordova-ios: 3.9.1, failed version requirement: >=4.0.0-dev
Skipping 'cordova-plugin-whitelist' for ios
Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for ios
Plugin doesn't support this project's cordova-ios version. cordova-ios: 3.9.1, failed version requirement: >=4.0.0-dev
Skipping 'cordova-plugin-whitelist' for ios

Looks like we have a rogue version of cordova-plugin-whitelist published that requires iOS 4.0.0. What's the best way to fix it? Can we unpublish this whitelist plugin version from npm to fix this? Alternatively, we should release another version of the plugin that does not get this warning. It's misleading and confusing for developers to see this warning.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Re: cordova-plugin-whitelist ios issue

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
If you have cordova-ios and android 3.x you do not need
cordova-plugin-whitelist *at all*. It is only for cordova-ios and
android 4.x. The 3.x series have built in whitelists.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I'm available after 4PM EST today, coordinate in the #pmc or #plugins
channel?

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
That's a bad argument Carlos and you know it. No one will see the
warning unless they add the firefoxos platform, and if they added it,
it is relevant to them. This is a valid warning.

Plugins are in cross-platform territory and this will happen, let's
not skirt around it. We can hide now by "fixing the source" but that's
just avoiding it. The problem here is not the warning, but informing
the user properly. Like I said, we can add an <info> tag.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
-1 to this proposal IMHO

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Made the switch. 1.0.0 is set to latest again and 1.1.0 can be switched to
latest once we release cordova-ios@4.0.0

Posted by Nikhil Khandelwal <ni...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
-1.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I don't agree.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
One solution is to add an <info> tag with more information/clarification.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tommy Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
Maybe less terse? It’s a little confronting, like you have messed something up and actually need to figure out how to update to 4.0.0-dev

:/

On 30 September 2015 at 10:14:57, Steven Gill (stevengill97@gmail.com) wrote:

It is just a warning though. Shouldn't break any builds. This will become
more common once we release the new plugins which will require
cordova-android 5.0+. Is the suggestion to remove the warning completely?

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.