Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no> on 2002/02/21 17:25:41 UTC

dbxml with tomcat

This may not be the right forum, but...

System prop:
	OS: Win2000pro
	ServletContainer: Tomcat4.0.1 (Standalone)
        db Server : dbxml 1.0b4

I have some servlets collection info from xml-files stored in
dbxml/xindice  via
XML:DB api. To get these servlet running and accepting XMLDBException and
other classes from the api implementation shipped with dbxml by Tomcat I
have placed the 'dbXML.jar' and the 'xmldb.jar' in
{JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

The problem is that as soon as the dbXML.jar is in this directory the bat
files shipped with dbxml don't work anymore. (No problems with
'xmldb.jar', though, but I need them both..) I can't start or shutdown the
db
server and I don't have access to the command tools.
But the db server itself seems to be running smoothly if it is already
started before i add the 'dbxml.jar' to {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext.

Has anyone had any experience with this, and does anyone have a workaround
for it?? Or is this just a bug i have to live with?

I have tried to place these files in the 'jakarta-tomcat/lib' directory
and also in the 'jakarta-tomcat/common/lib'directory,
but that didn't work at all. Tomcat still trew javax.ServletException when
it didn't find them in the {JAVA-HOME}/jre/lib/ext...

Hope someone can enlighten me..

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre M=F8llenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim