Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2018/02/21 16:18:10 UTC

Tidying up 2.0/2.2 doc refs

I observed <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
in our generated http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/, but not in
the 2.0/ 2.2/ pages.

Should the same apply to all historical 2.0 and 2.2 docs pages?

Their canonical page links are already correct (-> docs/current/).

Re: Tidying up 2.0/2.2 doc refs

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 3:13 PM, Christophe Jaillet
<ch...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Now that these docs should not be updated any-more, would it make sense to
> have pre-compressed .gz or .br version served according to Accept-Encoding?

I was anticipating doing .br and .gz flavors, had already been
experimenting owing to our Brotli support, but didn't want to add it
to the docs build as more artifacts.

I'd rather locate this on our site refresh-publish schema and have it
handle this for us on a perpetual basis without intervention.

Re: Tidying up 2.0/2.2 doc refs

Posted by Christophe Jaillet <ch...@wanadoo.fr>.
Le 21/02/2018 à 17:18, William A Rowe Jr a écrit :
 > I observed <meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
 > in our generated http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/, but not in
 > the 2.0/ 2.2/ pages.
 >
 > Should the same apply to all historical 2.0 and 2.2 docs pages?
 >
 > Their canonical page links are already correct (-> docs/current/).

+1 for 2.0
2.0 is dead  (https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/ws-apache/2/all)

+0.9 for 2.2
Still used, but if one find doc about the 2.4 version, he can still
easily find the doc for 2.2 (the URL is explicit and the navigation
links at the top of every page heavily suggest that something else than
2.4 still exists somewhere)

Now that these docs should not be updated any-more, would it make sense
to have pre-compressed .gz or .br version served according to
Accept-Encoding?

CJ

---