Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ankur Goyal <as...@umail.iu.edu> on 2012/01/19 21:15:09 UTC

Need help with an issue that I am stuck on

Hi,

I am working on the user profile display page and am playing around with
apache tiles.

I have attached my patch above and it has a bug which I am unable to find
its cause.

So, if one goes to the user profile page (log in -> home -> user's profile
page), there will be a list of items to click on for example: Posts,
Friends, Widgets, About and the user profile page shows nothing
initially (*original
state*)

all these act as links to insert dynamically a new jsp page pertaining to
what is clicked.

Now the problem is if you click on "about" you will see the user's personal
details along with one edit link (right now the looks and style may not be
proper).

If you click on edit, instead of showing the desired change (handled in
java script), it just goes back to the *original state.*

I am unable to find the cause or a way to fix it.

Please help me find a solution to this problem or any mistake that I am
making in my implementation.

Waiting for reply,

Regards,
Ankur

Fwd: Need help with an issue that I am stuck on

Posted by Ankur Goyal <as...@umail.iu.edu>.
Oh I didn't post the fixed patch. I will do so soon after finishing it
completely.

haha the fix was just removing the hyperlink <a> tag cuz this causes the
the whole page to refresh if you keep its href
handling edit display through jquery.

Just removed it and replaced it with a button and handled its click through
jquery.

My bad. Sometimes it so happens that simple things go unnoticed for me. :)

I will try to finish the patch today. Almost done just addressing the
issues mentioned in my previous review requests.

I feel happy you all were curious about the fix. :)

Regards,
Ankur

Posted by marijan milicevic <m....@onehippo.com>.
me too post ;-)