Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Miguel A Paraz <mp...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/07 12:02:22 UTC

Page caching

Hi,
I'm working on the UI for Planet group selection. I notice though,
that query parameters don't force a cache refresh. I added a ?group=
parameter to select the group for PlanetAction, which passes it
through an attribute to ./planet/planet.jsp.

I'm not familiar with the caching system configuration - some hints please? :)

Re: Page caching

Posted by Miguel A Paraz <mp...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/06, Allen Gilliland <Al...@sun.com> wrote:
> there is no easy solution to the issue right now, you will either have
> to disable the cache or make some slight changes to the code which
> constructs the cache keys for the planet cache.  i'll be looking at some
> ways to make that easier to configure, but there is no ETA on new code.

Thanks. I'll start by reading through the caching code.

I'm also looking at user-defined aggregations of blogs - the admin
adds or approves feeds, then users publish their own groups.

Re: Page caching

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.
actually, it's not so much a matter of cache refreshing as it is about
how the cache keys are created.  the cache keys are very specific and do
not support arbitrary query params, so your problem is that the cache
simply uses the same key for all of your /planet.do?group=XXX urls.  the
same issue exists for the /main.do page and Dave, Matt S., and I were
talking a bit about it on friday because jRoller uses some modifications
to the /main.do page.

there is no easy solution to the issue right now, you will either have
to disable the cache or make some slight changes to the code which
constructs the cache keys for the planet cache.  i'll be looking at some
ways to make that easier to configure, but there is no ETA on new code.

-- Allen