Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 20:40:33 UTC

[VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 2

Hi all,

Chukwa 0.5.0 is ready for release.  This will be the first incubator
release for Chukwa.

The source tarball artifact is available at:

http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-rc2/

Documents are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-docs/

The SVN tag to be voted upon:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/tags/chukwa-0.5.0-rc2/

Chukwa's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-rc2/KEYS

Please download, evaluate, and vote on general@incubator.

The PPMC vote thread is in progress at the same time as general@incubator.

Changes since rc1:

- Updated LICENSE and NOTICE files to reflect changes base on ipmc feedback.
- Updated Hadoop dependency to Hadoop 1.0.0.

The vote will close at 12:30pm PST on Thursday January 12, 2012.

Thanks

regards,
Eric

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 2

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the multiple examples.  I think I finally understand
what you are saying, and
 the information on LEGAL-59, and LEGAL-62.  I will re-spin rc3 with a
new svn tag with required changes in NOTICE file.  Thanks

regards,
Eric

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
OK. Then +1

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 1/9/2012 2:07 PM, Eric Yang wrote:
> My mistake.  Since we are voting for the source svn tag and .patch
> files are not in the
> svn tree.  I respin the source tarball for rc2.  Thanks for the quick check.

Let me make sure we are saying the same thing.

We vote on -tarballs-.

If the tag didn't change, yes, reroll the same tag :)

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 2

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.