SVG editor app

Hello,

I've recently forked and resurrected the GLIPS project which is an SVG editor that uses Batik,

http://glipssvgeditor.sourceforge.net

for my own use and code is now on github:

https://github.com/okohll/svg_editor

I wonder if anyone else is interested in collaborating on this. If so, patches (pull requests) are most welcome, or even just suggestions. The main task currently is basic compatibility with all SVG files - it opens some but not others.

I'm unfamiliar with SVG, Batik, Swing and indeed client-side graphical Java applications in general. Usually the majority of my work is server-side Java. However I'm getting up to speed through working on this project.

Regards
Oliver Kohll
www.agilebase.co.uk

Re: SVG editor app

On 24 Sep 2012, at 17:08, Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> https://github.com/okohll/svg_editor
>
> Those are great news, I've always liked GLIPS and was quite sorry its
> development had stalled...

Minor update - I've fixed a couple of open/save bugs, so saving new files and opening them works, at least on OSX. Not sure if they were mac-specific bugs or not.

Oliver

Re: SVG editor app

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> Hello,

Hi Oliver,

> I've recently forked and resurrected the GLIPS project which is an SVG editor that uses Batik,
>
> http://glipssvgeditor.sourceforge.net
>
> for my own use and code is now on github:
>
> https://github.com/okohll/svg_editor

Those are great news, I've always liked GLIPS and was quite sorry its
development had stalled...

> I wonder if anyone else is interested in collaborating on this. If so, patches (pull requests) are most welcome, or even just suggestions. The main task currently is basic compatibility with all SVG files - it opens some but not others.

Time will tell. I'll be watching from close, as time permits. Given
that most of the code belongs to Batik, I'd suggest finding such
incompatible test cases and reporting bugs against Batik. Several
known issues are currently related with text support but, apart from
these, there shouldn't  shouldn't be many more.

> Regards
> Oliver Kohll

Good luck,
 Helder