Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohan Radhakrishnan <Mo...@hclcomnet.co.in> on 2002/11/15 04:33:07 UTC

logic not picking session

Hi,
   I am sure I am doing something wrong here.

	<bean:write name="reportid" property="reportID"/>
	<logic:greaterThan name="reportid" property="reportID" value="19">
	</logic:greaterThan>

Now if I put a bean in the session with the proper getter method, the tag
above should pick up.

Now my action sets the proper value in the bean ( it even prints it after
setting it ) and forwards to a jsp.
Is something missing here ?
The action is this.
<!-- Generic forward -->
    <action    path="/generic"
               type="com.hcl.smartmanage.web.action.GenericForwardAction"
               name="noDataForm"
			   validate="false"
               scope="session">
               <forward name="REPORTER" path="/reports/report.jsp"/>
   </action>
Thanks.
Mohan

Re: logic not picking session

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Mohan> Hi,
    Mohan>    I am sure I am doing something wrong here.

    Mohan> 	<bean:write name="reportid" property="reportID"/>
    Mohan> 	<logic:greaterThan name="reportid" property="reportID" value="19">
    Mohan> 	</logic:greaterThan>

    Mohan> Now if I put a bean in the session with the proper getter method, the tag
    Mohan> above should pick up.

    Mohan> Now my action sets the proper value in the bean ( it even prints it after
    Mohan> setting it ) and forwards to a jsp.
    Mohan> Is something missing here ?
    Mohan> The action is this.
    Mohan> <!-- Generic forward -->
    Mohan>     <action    path="/generic"
    Mohan>                type="com.hcl.smartmanage.web.action.GenericForwardAction"
    Mohan>                name="noDataForm"
    Mohan> 			   validate="false"
    Mohan>                scope="session">
    Mohan>                <forward name="REPORTER" path="/reports/report.jsp"/>
    Mohan>    </action>

I'm going to guess you set the "reportID" attribute of your "noDataForm"
object.  If so, you need to change the tags to this:

 	<bean:write name="noDataForm" property="reportID"/>
 	<logic:greaterThan name="noDataForm" property="reportID" value="19">
 	</logic:greaterThan>

If that's the wrong guess, we need to see your Action and ActionForm.