Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 20:42:05 UTC

Back-compat tags

Hi,

for the last patches I committed I created a new back-compat tag each
time. Since this is happening so often right now, because we're removing
APIs, I was wondering whether we should not create a separate tag for
each patch, but instead gather the changes in the back-compat branch and
create one tag every day or every other day? Depending on when the build
gets kicked off it might fail then on test-tag, but that should be
acceptable?

  Michael

Re: Back-compat tags

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
+1.

I guess then we have to make some changes to the build script. Currently
it's only possible to specify a tag. I'll open a JIRA issue.

  Michael

Re: Back-compat tags

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.