Posted to users@maven.apache.org by arno <ar...@init.de> on 2010/12/24 12:34:47 UTC

automatic maven release in bamboo

Hi (and Merry Christmas)!
I'm trying to enable a release by simply pushing a button in Bamboo. My idea
was to "configure" the release by commiting proper release.properties to CVS
and let Bamboo then execute
----
release:prepare release:perform -DautoVersionSubmodules=true
-DcheckModificationExcludeList=build-number.txt
----
(The exclusion of build-number.txt is bamboo-related and does work
properly.)

The problem is that the maven release plugin does exclude release properties
from the modification check, but tagging the version fails with
----
[ERROR] cvs tag: release.properties is locally modified
[ERROR] cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors first!
----

There is no chance to use another property file name as configuration, isn't
it?

A solution would be -of course- to put all the properties into the command
line call, but the beauty of my idea lies in handling the release
configuration in your IDE by editing the versioned release.properties file.

Is there maybe another way of solving this issue that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Arno