Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by "Romanowski, Tim" <ti...@lmco.com> on 2006/05/05 20:07:06 UTC

Javascript not generated on initial JSF pages

I am using Beehive PageFlows integrated with the MyFaces JSF
impelementation.
Whenever I deploy my web app, the first page I load with JSF components
does not generate code for any of the JSF components. In other words, on
my initial "index" page, I have a commandButton and some regular html
links (<a href="address">Link</a>). Only the html is generated. When I
click on one of those regular html links and go to the next JSF page,
all the JSF components are rendered as usual, as confirmed by what I see
in the page source. I've tried using MyFaces 1.1.1, as well as several
nightlies.  This appears to be a controller issue, because if I got to a
new page that has another controller, the JSF components on that
controllers "begin" page fail to load; however, if navigating via a
straight html link to a second page in that new controller, the JSF
renders fine again.
Why doesn't my initial JSF page load JSF components? I've seen a similar
problem on other lists and in forums that is always due to people not
".faces", and further proof that JSF is otherwise working is that all
other JSF pages after the initial one _do_ in fact load correctly.  I
didn't see anything regarding this listed in the bug listing.
I'm running tomcat 5.5.15. Had this problem on an earlier version of
tomcat as well.
Has anyone else had this problem, or have a suggestion as to what the
problem might be? Any workarounds?

TR