Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com> on 2009/10/05 16:55:52 UTC

Showing pom files in dependency tree.

All,

I'm trying to diagnose an odd problem. The problem is on *some*, but not
all, machines, one of our projects is trying to download an old retired
snapshot build. I can't reproduce this locally but I can on our CI
server. I checked the pom (top-level and parents) and check for this
reference and it isn't there. I'm trying to figure out how this jar is
being included when it shouldn't and I thought being able to see exactly
what pom files are being loaded in would help.

I already tried using the dependency plug-in to list the pom files but
that doesn't work. I even searched through our Archiva repository for
references and couldn't find anything that could cause this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Showing pom files in dependency tree.

Posted by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com>.
For running 'help:effective-pom" tests, no. I was running as myself (but
using the same settings.xml file). Running as the same user the files
are 100% equivalent; if you exclude the time stamp. I've also tested it
using the same user as our CI server, manually, and same results. The
manual build executes just fine the CI build fails trying to find an
artifact it shouldn't be looking for.

This is a problem with our C.I server, I just can't figure out where
things are going wrong.

Posted by "Tang, Ray" <ra...@bankofamerica.com>.

Posted by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: AW: Showing pom files in dependency tree.

Posted by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com>.
Yes, I tried that. First, a wipe of just our artifacts (from the local
repository) then a complete wipe(from the local repository). After both
wipes, the artifact was still trying to get pulled down.