Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Zanella <nz...@cs.mun.ca> on 2003/07/04 23:51:04 UTC

Re: Jakarta Taglibs Installation

Well, now I am not entirely sure that it is mandatory, because I have
a JSP page such that when I change the WEB-INF/web.xml to include the
following lines (for connecting to a database which is not yet on the
network):

  <context-param>
    <param-name>
      javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource
    </param-name>
    <param-value>
      jdbc:postgresql:foodb,org.postgresql.Driver,johndoe
    </param-value>
  </context-param>

and save the .jsp file without making any modifications to it, I get
the following error, but the error is not caused by a change in the
.jsp file; it's caused by the above lines:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri
(http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or
the jar files deployed with this application

This is clearly wrong!!! BTW I have not been able to connect to the data
source yet so I'm not sure yet if that would fix it, but the error is
clearly the wrong error, and is introduced by the above lines.

Why is this happening? (almost would seem like a bug: Tomcat 4.1.24)

Neil

Posted by Neil Zanella <nz...@cs.mun.ca>.
Ooops,

I just noticed that when I uploaded my file to the validator the offending
elements were commented-out inside <!-- and --> tokens. Uncommenting and a
closer look at the DTD revealed that the <context-param>, while a child of
the correct parent node, did not occur in the right order it must occur
in the order specified by the following part of the DTD:

<!ELEMENT web-app (icon?, display-name?, description?, distributable?,
context-param*, servlet*, servlet-mapping*, session-config?,
mime-mapping*, welcome-file-list?, error-page*, taglib*,
resource-ref*, security-constraint*, login-config?, security-role*,
env-entry*, ejb-ref*)>

... so I put it after the description (as I do not have the optional
distributable element in my web.xml file: I don't use it).

Now that I fixed that the error is gone!

Thanks!

Neil

Posted by Neil Zanella <nz...@cs.mun.ca>.

Posted by "N. Chen" <ni...@u.washington.edu>.