Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Finotti Simone <te...@yoox.com> on 2012/01/11 09:01:11 UTC

boosting

Hello ML,
I wonder if it is possibile to define a boost for certains fields in schema.xml configuration. As far, I have found ways to define a boost while indexing and while querying, so I suspect the straight answer is no. Anyway, I'd like a confirm, if possible.

Thank you in advance

Re: boosting

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I don't know of any way to do this. The closest you can come
to what I infer you want would be to define an edismax
query handler in solrconfig.xml and assign boosts automatically
when querying. Or you can apply boosts at index time by
specifying a "boost" attribute in the XML.

Best
Erick