Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Книхута Евгений <Je...@yandex.ru> on 2010/06/03 15:12:18 UTC

Is it possible replace web form with Pivot form in web application

Hi all,
I have web application (based on apache wicket) and I want replace some html forms using Pivot forms.
My question - how to do this without javaScipt coding and user data conversion from pivot to html?
Is it possible (may be api like json integration in pivot )?

Re: Is it possible replace web form with Pivot form in web application

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
If your HTML forms use AJAX/JSON to communicate with the server, it is definitely possible. Pivot's web query classes use JSON as a data format by default. They can also use XML, CSV, or any other data format - you just need to use an appropriate serializer.

You may find the web query and data binding tutorials helpful:

  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-tutorials/web-queries.html
  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-tutorials/data-binding.html

The JSON Viewer application may also be of interest:

  http://ixnay.biz/pivot-demos/json-viewer.html
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tools/src/org/apache/pivot/tools/json/ (source code)

Note that ixnay.biz is not the permanent home for these documents - they will be moved to pivot.apache.org as soon as Pivot 1.5 is released (hopefully within the next week or so).

Hope this helps,
Greg