Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ajani, Akil (Cognizant)" <Ak...@cognizant.com> on 2006/10/03 10:46:46 UTC

Indexing In Lucene

Hi,
      Can you tell me how indexing takes place in lucene(Depth).if
document has 1....n indices then which algorithm it uses,which
information retrival model it uses...

Thanks & Regards,

Akil Ajani

Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.

Plot # 26, Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, MIDC

Hinjewadi, Pune 411057

Tel: (91) (20) 40201100 ext 2825

Vnet: 22809

"Technical Skill is the mastery of complexity, while creativity is the
mastery of simplicity."

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ajani, Akil (Cognizant) wrote:

> Hi,
>       Can you tell me how indexing takes place in lucene(Depth).if
> document has 1....n indices then which algorithm it uses,which
> information retrival model it uses...

Hmmm, you asked the exact same question at
forrest-dev,cocoon-dev,general-xml,...

It would be better that you review the Apache Lucene
documentation http://lucene.apache.org/
and search the mailing lists for the relevant
sub-project of Lucene.

-David

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Sorry for moderating this through. It looked like a legitimate
question until I realised it was posted to every single list at the
ASF. Obviously, it has nothing to do with Archiva...

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:16:46PM +0530, Ajani, Akil (Cognizant) wrote:
>       Can you tell me how indexing takes place in lucene(Depth).if
> document has 1....n indices then which algorithm it uses,which
> information retrival model it uses...

Hi,

You have sent mail to the Apache SpamAssassin development list, so we're not going to
be able to help with other Apache projects.  I did a quick search for "mailing
lists" via http://lucene.apache.org/ and found several results, including:

which would a more appropriate (and fruitful) place to post your query.

Hope this helps. :)

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"The universe is already insane, anything else would be redundant."

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Whoops,
I forgot the third reference, here it is:

http://www.cocooncenter.org/articles/lucene.html

and I realize it's based on the 2.0 release so it's more up to date.

HTH,
Gabriele

Gabriele Columbro ha scritto:

> Hi Ajani,
> if your question is specific to Cocoon (don't quite sure about that)
> you may have a look at the:
>
> 1. /LuceneIndexTransformer/ [1] to index your content via cocoon
> pipelines (in the example HTML is indexed but you can index content at
> every pipeline step)
> 2. /SearchGenerator/ [2] to retrieve, rank and render (with paging and
> linking facilities) your search results. In this component's
> configuration you can also define which Analyzer is to be used.
>

> For a more fancy results rendering you can even take a look at this
> [3] (a bit outdated, referring to cocoon 1.1.8 but maybe still valid)
>

> HTH,
>
> Gabriele
>

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer
> [2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/search-generator.html
>

> Ajani, Akil (Cognizant) ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>> Can you tell me how indexing takes place in lucene(Depth).if document
>> has 1....n indices then which algorithm it uses,which information
>> retrival model it uses…
>>
>> *Thanks & Regards,*/*//*/
>>
>> /*/Akil Ajani/*/
>>
>> /*/Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. /*/
>>
>> /*/Plot # 26, Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, MIDC/*/
>>
>> /*/Hinjewadi, Pune 411057/*/
>>
>> /*/Tel: (91) (20) 40201100 ext 2825/*/
>>
>> /*/Vnet: 22809/*//*//*/
>>
>> *"Technical Skill is the mastery of complexity, while creativity is
>> the mastery of simplicity."*
>>
>> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
>> the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
>> information.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
>> reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>> Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
>> printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
>> this e-mail is strictly
>> prohibited and may be unlawful.
>>
>> Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Gabriele Columbro
Consultant at Sourcesense Italy
--
email:  columbro@gmail.com
blog:   http://www.mindthegab.com

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajani,

Re: Indexing In Lucene

Posted by John Wilson <tu...@wilson.co.uk>.
On 3 Oct 2006, at 09:46, Ajani, Akil (Cognizant) wrote:

> Hi,
>       Can you tell me how indexing takes place in lucene(Depth).if
> document has 1....n indices then which algorithm it uses,which
> information retrival model it uses...

Wrong mailing list - You are more likely to get an answer on the
Lucene list.

John Wilson
The Wilson Partnership
web http://www.wilson.co.uk
blog http://eek.ook.org

Re: lucene field data types

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
13 okt 2006 kl. 12.32 skrev Cam Bazz:

> Is there any difference on the field data format. I like to store
> strings, numbers, and dates in fields.
> I was storing everything as string. but is there another way,
> especially for storing date types?

On a low level everything is stored as terms (read: string values).
DateTools will take care of the conversion for you.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/document/
DateTools.html

lucene field data types

Re: Document on Indexing in Lucene