Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/12/12 01:17:26 UTC

What causes a segmentation fault with Apache? (redirecting to tomcat via mod_jk)

I am trying to redirect a .jsp page to tomcat from apache via mod_jk.  I
finally got apache to start up (thanks to a compiled mod_jk from someone
else), but now when I try to access a jsp file, I get a can't find server,
no error in mod_jk.log, and this error in the apache error_log

[Wed Dec 12 08:13:57 2001] [notice] child pid 6489 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

does anyone know the cause of this?

Brandon Cruz

Re: What causes a segmentation fault with Apache? (redirecting to tomcat via mod_jk)

Posted by Micael Padraig Og mac Grene <ca...@harbornet.com>.
At 06:17 PM 12/11/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I am trying to redirect a .jsp page to tomcat from apache via mod_jk.  I
>finally got apache to start up (thanks to a compiled mod_jk from someone
>else), but now when I try to access a jsp file, I get a can't find server,
>no error in mod_jk.log, and this error in the apache error_log
>
>[Wed Dec 12 08:13:57 2001] [notice] child pid 6489 exit signal Segmentation
>fault (11)
>
>does anyone know the cause of this?
>

>Brandon Cruz

Probably a null pointer.