Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/05 03:57:13 UTC

Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

I run hiveserver2 with metastore in mysql. The hiveserver2 OOM and the heap
dump show huge objects hold by "org.datanucleus.api.jdo.
JDOPersistenceManagerFactory" as attached. It seems not release
org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager. Hive version is 0.13.

Thanks,
Jack

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Bryan Jeffrey <br...@gmail.com>.
Any further word on this? We're seeing a major memory leak too.

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
Vaibhav, thanks for reply.
It's a remote metastore, stored in mysql.

> Meng, are you running a remote metastore or an embedded one (which would be
> true if you added this config while starting HS2: -hiveconf
> hive.metastore.uris=" ")?
>
> Thanks,
> --Vaibhav
>

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Vaibhav Gumashta <
> vgumashta@hortonworks.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for the dump Meng!
> >

> > On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:41 AM, Meng QingPing <mqingping@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I post the heap bin file on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/heap.bin
> >>
> >> Thanks.

> that
> right.

> sergey@hortonworks.com

> >> some

> mqingping@gmail.com

> >:

> >> mqingping@gmail.com

> OOM
> "org.datanucleus.api.jdo.
> >> release
> is

> the
> >> notified
> >> have

> >> entity
> confidential,
> >> reader
> notified

> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> Qingping
> >>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
I post the heap bin file on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/heap.bin

Thanks.

> There are 18908 PM-s. I post it on
> http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap2.png
>
> Thanks.

> What is the count of PM-s that you are seeing when it crashes? From that
>> screenshot I don't see what the problem is or I'm not reading it right.
>>

>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > I post it on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap.png

>> > image

>> and
>> > the
>> 0.13.

>> entity
>> confidential,
>> reader
>> > that
>> > immediately
>> > >

>> > --
>> > Thanks,
>> > Qingping
>> >

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
>> that
>> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
>> immediately

> Qingping

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
There are 18908 PM-s. I post it on
http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap2.png

Thanks.

> What is the count of PM-s that you are seeing when it crashes? From that
> screenshot I don't see what the problem is or I'm not reading it right.
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I post it on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap.png

> > > I don't think the dev list supports attachment. Can you post to some
> > image
> > > sharing service?

> > the
> 0.13.

> > > --
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> entity
> reader
> > that
> > immediately
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Qingping
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
There are 18908 PM-s. I post it on
http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap2.png<http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap.png>

Thanks.

> What is the count of PM-s that you are seeing when it crashes? From that
> screenshot I don't see what the problem is or I'm not reading it right.
>

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I post it on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap.png

> > > I don't think the dev list supports attachment. Can you post to some
> > image
> > > sharing service?

> > the
> 0.13.

> > > --
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> entity
> reader
> > that
> > immediately
> > >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Qingping
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I post it on http://jack-meng.qiniudn.com/hive-heap.png

> I don't think the dev list supports attachment. Can you post to some image
> sharing service?
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Weird, the picture attached in sent mail.
> >
> > Anyway send again.

> > seems you have missed attachment.
> >> -Chandra

> >> --
> >> Thanks,
> >> -Chandra.
> >>

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Qingping
> >

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Sergey Shelukhin <se...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
Weird, the picture attached in sent mail.

Anyway send again.

> seems you have missed attachment.
> -Chandra
>

> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I run hiveserver2 with metastore in mysql. The hiveserver2 OOM and the
> > heap dump show huge objects hold by "org.datanucleus.api.jdo.
> > JDOPersistenceManagerFactory" as attached. It seems not release
> > org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager. Hive version is 0.13.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jack

> -Chandra.

Qingping

Re: Is there a bug in hiveserver2 metastore caused hold huge objects

Posted by Chandra Reddy <ch...@gmail.com>.
seems you have missed attachment.
-Chandra

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I run hiveserver2 with metastore in mysql. The hiveserver2 OOM and the
> heap dump show huge objects hold by "org.datanucleus.api.jdo.
> JDOPersistenceManagerFactory" as attached. It seems not release
> org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManager. Hive version is 0.13.
>
> Thanks,
> Jack

-Chandra.