Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 17:22:32 UTC

[Opinion requested] - OSGI tutorial

Hi,

I would like to have your point of view. I have started to write the second
part of my tutorial :

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html

and the question that I have is the following.

In this tutorial, I explain layer by layer how to setup the project (model
--> persistence --> service --> webservice --> camel routing --> web).

What is particular to OSGI world is that information about our OSGI bundle
to be deployed is defined in the MANIFEST file. To generate the file, we use
maven felix plugin during installation goal of maven. So, information about
generation of the manifest file are added to the pom.xml file.

So my question is, is it better for each project (model, persistence,
service, ...) to explain the modifications done in the pom.xml (to export,
import package, ...) OR is it better to explain in one chapter all the
modifications done ?

Regards,

Charles

SOA Architect
Apache Camel Committer

blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [LIKELY JUNK]Re: [Opinion requested] - OSGI tutorial

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.

I will try to work in that direction and also use 'pax create bundle maven
plugin' for the creation of the bundles. I don't really like what spring
proposes now with their spring bundlor.

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.