Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Tsuyoshi Ito <ts...@trialox.org> on 2011/03/09 15:44:02 UTC

Reverting platform defaultacceptheader

Hi all

In issue CLEREZZA-325 the project paltform.defaultacceptheader has
been deleted. Because search engines like google and bing are not
indexing html pages correctly (bing is indexing rdf+json) we have to
use the defaultacceptheader to set accept-header when no accept-header
is set. This project is not included by default in the apache clerezza
launcher so there are no side effects for other users.

So, I vote -1 for the changes in CLEREZZA-325 until a solution to the
problem described above is implemented

Cheers
Tsuy

Re: Reverting platform defaultacceptheader

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
As I mentioned in my comment

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-325?focusedCommentId=13004249&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13004249

The effect of the 202 lines of the platform.defaultacceptheader bundle can
be achived by changing a single line of code (in a more perfoamnt fashion,
btw.). I did now this change of code and resolved the issue.

However this has serious downsides, which were probably the reasons
platform.defaultacceptheader was never added to the clerezza launchers.

I really don't the reason for all this fuss, if independent projects were
relying on this bundle nothing should have changed for them (as the bundle
is still in the repository) except maybe that the now would have to specify
the version number previously inherited from the clerezza parent.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Marco Zaugg <ma...@getunik.com>.