Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ra...@polarisFT.com on 2013/02/04 05:41:06 UTC

Start key and End key in HBase

Hi all,
  Can  anyone let me know what is the use of  Start key and End key in HBase.

Regards
Raviprasad. T
Mobile :-  91- 9894769541

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polarisFT.com

Re: Start key and End key in HBase

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Just to add to whatever Anoop sir has said, the row corresponding to the
endkey is not included in the result set by default.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
It signifies start and end of the table regions, it is used in doing range
queries.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM, <ra...@polarisft.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   Can  anyone let me know what is the use of  Start key and End key in
> HBase.
>

> Regards
> Raviprasad. T
> Mobile :-  91- 9894769541
>

> This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is
> sent for the intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or
> transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested
> to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that any use,
> any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
> distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
> attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.
>
> Visit us at http://www.polarisFT.com

RE: Start key and End key in HBase

Posted by ra...@polarisFT.com.
Hi Anoop,