Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by jaddison <ac...@southgatesoftware.com> on 2011/03/11 21:16:42 UTC

How to connect to ActiveMQ from Android

Hi,

I am trying to connect to an ActiveMQ broker from Android, but have not had
any luck so far. When I try to include the activemq-all-5.4.3.jar into the
android project, it fails to compile. (Locks up and freezes the system). Not
sure what is going on here.

I don't mind connecting through some other protocol such as Stomp, but have
been unable to find something that works.

Has anybody successfully connected to an ActiveMQ broker from Android?  If
so, what protocol did you use and what libraries.  If you have example code,
that would be greatly appreciated as well. I am new to ActiveMQ so I might
just be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Jeff