Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stanislav <ki...@mail.bg> on 2002/11/11 18:56:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 crashes and XP restart after minute

Hi,

I am running Apache_2.0.43, php 4.2.2 installed as module on Win XP at
home (not business enviroment).
Till now i haven't any problems with the server and the enviroment.
I'm developing a trivia game (on PHP), and yesterday when few of my
friedns try it, the web server
simply crash. (it's seems like the apache is overloaded, because when i
play alone haven't any problems)

this is the error log
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:20 2002] [notice] Parent: Received shutdown signal --
Shutting down the server.
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:20 2002] [notice] Child 1296: Exit event signaled.
Child process is ending.
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:21 2002] [notice] Child 1296: Released the start mutex
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:23 2002] [notice] Child 1296: Waiting for 250 worker
threads to exit.
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:23 2002] [notice] Child 1296: All worker threads have
exited.
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:23 2002] [notice] Child 1296: Child process is exiting
[Mon Nov 11 18:44:50 2002] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child
process 256

i cannot start apache again. that's ok. didn't bother me at all :)

but after 1 minute winXP restart. The same story hapens twice.
I have modem connection with internet and i didn't configure apache at
all (work on default configuration)

If somebody knows how to determine what's the problem . to find extended
diagnostic or
to configure my apache2.

best regards, Stanislav (Bulgaria)
__________________________________
12MB-POP3-WAP-SMS---TOBA-E-mail.bG

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 crashes and XP restart after minute

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Stanislav wrote:
> i cannot start apache again. that's ok. didn't bother me at all :)
>
> but after 1 minute winXP restart. The same story hapens twice.
> I have modem connection with internet and i didn't configure apache at
> all (work on default configuration)

I experienced that too on Windows XP: the screen just go blank and the
computer restarts; no blue screen, no nothing.

It has happened a few times, and the pattern I see:
* Only PHP pages (suggests PHP bug)
* Only requests by remote users (ie. not local)
* Happens before any response is sent
* Only happened when developing scripts and testing them, which suggests
that it might be triggered by buggy PHP-code.

I don't have any solution, lest hope ;)

Regards,
Robert Andersson