Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> on 2013/11/26 01:33:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Hello folks,

I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.

GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/

PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS

One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

thanks
-- Hitesh

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sihesh,

Yes, if we can avoid the problem by using workarounds, it's no
problem(+1 non-binding).

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hello Tsuyoshi,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

<gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1 (binding)
>
> Built from source, built Hive against it. Ran through a number of hive
> queries and verified a number of config options. Looks good.
>
> @Tsuyoshi: I think it's your environment, check what java version you're
> using. This is in your build log: error: generics are not supported in
> -source 1.3
>
> Thanks,
> Gunther.
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I tried to build the source of 0.2.0-rc0, but failed. Is this my
>> environment-specific problem? The build log is available here:
>> https://gist.github.com/oza/7687568
>> The versions of dependency libraries in my environment are as follows:
>>
>> * Apache Maven 3.0.4
>> * Protobuf 2.5.0
>>
>> I can build hadoop's trunk repository in my environment. Please let me
>> know if I have something wrong.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tsuyoshi
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > +1 (non-binding): Built from source tag, deployed, and ran some Pig
>> > scripts w/ groups and joins.
>> >
>> > -Mark

>> the

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
>> >>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/

>> --
>> - Tsuyoshi
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.

<gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1 (binding)
>
> Built from source, built Hive against it. Ran through a number of hive
> queries and verified a number of config options. Looks good.
>
> @Tsuyoshi: I think it's your environment, check what java version you're
> using. This is in your build log: error: generics are not supported in
> -source 1.3
>
> Thanks,
> Gunther.
>

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I tried to build the source of 0.2.0-rc0, but failed. Is this my
>> environment-specific problem? The build log is available here:
>> https://gist.github.com/oza/7687568
>> The versions of dependency libraries in my environment are as follows:
>>
>> * Apache Maven 3.0.4
>> * Protobuf 2.5.0
>>
>> I can build hadoop's trunk repository in my environment. Please let me
>> know if I have something wrong.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tsuyoshi
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > +1 (non-binding): Built from source tag, deployed, and ran some Pig
>> > scripts w/ groups and joins.
>> >
>> > -Mark

>> the

>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
>> >>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/

>> --
>> - Tsuyoshi
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
I tried to build the source of 0.2.0-rc0, but failed. Is this my
environment-specific problem? The build log is available here:
https://gist.github.com/oza/7687568
The versions of dependency libraries in my environment are as follows:

* Apache Maven 3.0.4
* Protobuf 2.5.0

I can build hadoop's trunk repository in my environment. Please let me
know if I have something wrong.

Thanks,
Tsuyoshi

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (non-binding): Built from source tag, deployed, and ran some Pig
> scripts w/ groups and joins.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
>> +1.
>>
>> Verified signature and checksums.
>> Built from source, and tested out some stand-along jobs, and some Hive
>> queries on a multi-node setup.
>>
>> Thanks
>> - Sid
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the
>>> first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>>>
>>> GIT source tag:
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
>>> Staging site:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
>>> Nexus Staging URL:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>>>
>>> PGP release keys:
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
>>> KEYS file also available at
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>>>
>>> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>>>
>>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 approve
>>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> -- Hitesh

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
I tried to build the source of 0.2.0-rc0, but failed. Is this my
environment-specific problem? The build log is available here:
https://gist.github.com/oza/7687568
The versions of dependency libraries in my environment are as follows:

* Apache Maven 3.0.4
* Protobuf 2.5.0

I can build hadoop's trunk repository in my environment. Please let me
know if I have something wrong.

Thanks,
Tsuyoshi

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (non-binding): Built from source tag, deployed, and ran some Pig
> scripts w/ groups and joins.
>
> -Mark
>
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
>> +1.
>>
>> Verified signature and checksums.
>> Built from source, and tested out some stand-along jobs, and some Hive
>> queries on a multi-node setup.
>>
>> Thanks
>> - Sid
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello folks,
>>>
>>> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the
>>> first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>>>
>>> GIT source tag:
>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
>>> Staging site:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
>>> Nexus Staging URL:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>>>
>>> PGP release keys:
>>> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
>>> KEYS file also available at
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>>>
>>> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>>>
>>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 approve
>>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> -- Hitesh

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Wagner <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
+1.

Re: [DISCOUSS] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Raphael,

We usually just run mvn apache-rat:check on our source.  I have attached the output of that command run on the source tarball to this email.

Posted by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch>.
Hi all

Where is the RAT scan?

Greetings Raphael

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
> Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

- ran a few example jobs on a single-node cluster

Jason

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1

On 26 November 2013 11:33, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
> Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh

Olivier Lamy
Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I tested with Pig tez branch. Every test case we have passes.

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Alan.

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
> Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 approve

--
thanks

王联辉(Lianhui Wang)
blog; http://blog.csdn.net/lance_123
兴趣方向:数据库,分布式,数据挖掘,编程语言,互联网技术等

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 approve

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 26 November 2013 22:21, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the review, Sebb,
>
> Have already updated NOTICE.txt in the master branch for future releases and made a note of the other points in our how to release guide.
>
> Do you recommended starting a new VOTE thread for the re-wording with respect to the 72 hrs period or can I just continue with this one? I had assumed I would be keeping the vote open until enough IPMC votes were received. At this point, I believe we have only one IPMC vote ( from Oliver Lamy).

I wrote:

<quote>Should be fixed for any future release (or if this one has to
be redone)</quote>

The wording is correct; it is only the word-wrapping that is wrong
I don't think that's enough on its own to warrant a respin of the release.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the review, Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello all,

Closing the vote since 72 hours have passed.

With the required 3 IPMC votes and no -1s, this vote passes.

+1s (binding - IPMC )

Alan Gates
Olivier Lamy
Arun C Murthy

+1s (non-binding)

Hitesh Shah
Lianhui Wang
Mike Liddell
Cheolsoo Park
Siddharth Seth
Mark Wagner
Tsuyoshi Ozawa
Gunther Hagleitner

-1s (none )

Thanks everyone for voting. I will send out an announce email later once the bits are available on the apache mirrors.

thanks
-- Hitesh

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Alan.

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
> Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12324349
>
> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.2.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

On Nov 25, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.2.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the first release for Tez. Therefore, please do not be gentle.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.2.0-rc0
> Staging site: http://people.apache.org/~hitesh/tez-release-rc/tez-0.2.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-002/
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0