Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com> on 2012/03/09 18:53:24 UTC

Error when searching the catalog

Hi.

I've found a problem I didn't had before. An error screen shows up when
a search certain terms in the search catalog box, i.e. "digital". It
works well when I search for "gizmo".

I'm using branches/release11.04 r1241370, Sun JDK 1.6.0_26 and MySQL.

This is the log:
http://pastebin.com/TGgNkMit

This thread describes something very similar or maybe the same:
http://markmail.org/message/h2u3h7ujp3uywhfp

Any idea on why this can happen?

--
Bernat Arlandis<be...@tsolucio.com>
JPL TSolució S.L.

Re: Error when searching the catalog

Posted by Bernat Arlandis <be...@tsolucio.com>.
On 15/03/12 00:22, Anne wrote:
> Hi Bernat
>
> We had a problem with visitId, which I suspect is related to your problem.
> While our problem is different, and our solution possibly won't work for
> you, I thought I'd share the information in case it helps you.
>
> We use MySQL and saw a lot of errors in the logs about duplicate keys for
> visitId. We switched to Postgresql to try to eliminate the errors. It
> didn't work: we still got the errors, just a lot less of them. So we
> switched back to MySQL.
>
> We've only ever seen the errors during development, never production (even
> though production servers get a lot more hits per second). We stop and
> start OFBiz all the time during development, often not cleanly. So we
> eventually decided the errors were being triggered by something we did
> during the development process, and could be ignored as they didn't affect
> production. After all, we wouldn't see the errors for days, then suddenly
> they would start flooding the logs. Dropping the database and
> reinitialising it would stop the errors.
>
> So we eventually decided to disable hit logging. Haven't seen one error
> message since.
>
> We don't use the search you are having problems with. I don't know if
> disabling hit logging would affect it. But I suspect reloading the database
> might make the problem go away temporarily.
>
> Cheers,
> Anne.

Thank you Anne for sharing. I rebuilt the database (it was a test
installation anyway) and the error disappeared but I wouldn't be
surprised to see it again any time. I'll keep this as a reference.

Best regards.

Posted by Anne <an...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Bernat

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: Error when searching the catalog

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Bernat Arlandis" <be...@tsolucio.com>