Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/01/29 14:39:11 UTC

Usage of site: within site.xml and dispatcher (was: Re: Dispatcher quickstart and Photogallery)

El dom, 29-01-2006 a las 12:57 +0100, Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> El dom, 29-01-2006 a las 18:23 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> > Tim Williams wrote:
> > > I've followed the quickstart[1] with the Photogallery plugin and get
> > > either OutOfMemory exceptions or (if I get silly with a memory
> > > increase) get a StackOverflowError exception.  I can use the
> > > Dispacther successfully on a simple seed site though.  I'm not asking
> > > for anyone to expend resources fully troubleshooting this but if
> > > someone could confirm/deny the errors I'd appreciate it.
> >
> > I get the same error trying to Dispatcher-enable the
> > PhotoGallery plugin's own website.
> >
> > I do have a site that actually uses the plugin.
> > When i try to Dispatcher-enable that site, it fails on
> > the Gallery parts with "No pipeline matched request: gallery/practice/index_1.xml"
> >

> Actually that becomes a faq for v2. ;-)
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=113775018214915&w=2
>
> and
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-738
>
> First I thought that maybe as well FOR-725 but does not seems like it
> (it worked for me after the following).
>
> When I commend
> <!--<forrestPlugins label="Plugins Index" href="site:forrest/plugins"
> description="Index of Forrest Plugins"/>-->
>
> Then it is working fine. I tried with the new plugins but the site: is
> still broken there. Meaning the jx:stuff is again broken and we need to
> fix Davids workaround. :(
>
> Help greatly appreciated.

Actually I played a bit with it but I guess it needs a real good debug.

One observation I made is that:
<forrestPlugins label="Plugins Index" href="site:forrest/plugins"
description="Index of Forrest Plugins"/>

should actually be
<forrestPlugins label="Plugins Index" href="ext:forrest/plugins"
description="Index of Forrest Plugins"/>

because the referenced link is in the
<external-refs>
 <forrest href="http://forrest.apache.org/">
  <plugins href="docs/plugins"/>
 </forrest>
</external-refs>

but still I get an java.lang.OutOfMemoryError :(

I removed all indirections and still java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.

IMO this bug is related again to jx and the linkrewritter.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"