Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by occurred <sc...@infodienst-ausschreibungen.de> on 2011/08/22 11:34:15 UTC

Custom FilterFactory is when called

Hi,

I've created my own custom FilterFactory or better to say rewritten an
existing one:
KeywordMarkerFilterFactory
to:
CachingKeywordMarkerFilterFactory

It will/should reload the protwords every minute.

But now I found out that this FilterFactory is only called a few times when
me server startup, but then never again.

Is there a config needed to have this FilterFactory called every time for
indexing and quering?

cheers
Charlie

Re: Custom FilterFactory is when called

Posted by occurred <sc...@infodienst-ausschreibungen.de>.
Sorry, it's been a long time since my last post...

Now I found out that the only goog solution is too do a core reload:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#RELOAD

It's been working very good for our needs.

Re: Custom FilterFactory is when called

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 5:34 AM, occurred <
schaubmair@infodienst-ausschreibungen.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created my own custom FilterFactory or better to say rewritten an
> existing one:
> KeywordMarkerFilterFactory
> to:
> CachingKeywordMarkerFilterFactory
>
> It will/should reload the protwords every minute.
>
> But now I found out that this FilterFactory is only called a few times when
> me server startup, but then never again.
>
> Is there a config needed to have this FilterFactory called every time for
> indexing and quering?

That's correct. The factory will be called at startup once for each
occurrence in the schema. It will create the object containing the protected
words (e.g. CharArraySet protectedWords) at that time. The #create method
uses this object when a field is being tokenized..

Can you post your code ?

and - what problem are you trying to solve with the
CachingKeyworkMarkerFilter ?

FWIW, I've been looking at a more generalized way of tracking  changes in
protwords/stopwords/ etc and it's turning out to be quite complex.

-Simon