Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> on 2007/02/26 13:32:36 UTC

tomcat: jmxremote and catalina.sh

Folks;

in order to have remote management and monitoring enabled, I do start
our tomcat 5.5.20 installations using CATALINA_OPTS like this:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8086

So far this works good, only problem left to solve: This way, I can't
stop my Unix-based tomcat services using catalina.sh anymore, getting a
"connection refused" for port 8086 (or whatever value I set
jmxremote.port to).

So. Does Using JMX remote access render catalina.sh useless? How can I
get out of this and have both things running?

Thanks in advance and bye,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/